GSEMA organizes booth sales (Council Organized Booth Sales, or COBS) to increase opportunities for troops and girls to meet their sales goals. Due to their popularity, COBS are available by lottery. This season there will be two separate lotteries: MBTA COBS and Mall/Misc. COBS. Troops from all service units can request these booth locations; however, Daisy and Brownie troops are ineligible to participate in the MBTA COBS program due to MBTA safety regulations.
Cancellation Policy for MBTA Council Organized Booth Sales
- If your troop is unable to conduct a COBS that it has won, please email email@example.com so that we can find another troop that is cleared to conduct the booth sale.
- The council must be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the booth sale if a troop needs to cancel an MBTA COBS.
- Due to the nature of this process and to be fair to all troops, if we have not received 48 hours’ notice of cancellation, the troop will be charged the $35 fee.
When the MBTA COBS is over, troops should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Troop number
2. COBS location
3. Date and time of COBS
4. Number of packages sold
5. Any other pertinent information that may be helpful to other troops in the future
Mall/Misc. COBS Lottery Instructions
The deadline to enter the Mall/Misc. COBS lottery in Smart Cookies is Sunday, December 17, 2017, at 11:59 PM. This is a current listing of all mall sales.
Step 1: Visit Smart Cookies to review the Mall/Misc. COBS locations, dates, and times and determine as a troop which COBS you would be able and willing to conduct. Keep in mind that each Mall/Misc. COBS must be conducted with at least two registered volunteers and at least two Girl Scouts.
Step 2: Starting December 1, troops can begin choosing their lottery entries for the Mall/Misc. COBS. The deadline for Mall/Misc. COBS lottery entries is Sunday, December 17. Troops may enter up to 100 locations and may win three.
VERY Important Information about Mall/Misc. COBS
- Participating in a Mall/Misc. COBS is an awesome opportunity for all troops, from Daisy to Ambassador, to sell a lot of cookies.
- The council pays leasing fees for the Malls/Misc. COBS slots.
- An email will be sent from Smart Cookies confirming COBS winners.
- Troops are required to conduct a booth sale at all COBS locations that they have won in the lottery (see cancellation policy).
- Troops are responsible for acquiring and transporting cookies for COBS.
- Troops are responsible for any parking fees incurred while conducting their COBS.
Cancellation Policy for Mall/Misc. COBS
- If your troop is unable to conduct a COBS that it has won, please either email email@example.com so that we can find another troop that is able to conduct the booth sale, or find another troop within your service unit to conduct the Mall/Misc. COBS and email us the troop number and contact information.
- The council must be notified at least 48 hours in advance of the booth sale if a troop needs to cancel a Mall/Misc. COBS, or the troop will be charged a $35 fee. The troop can avoid the fee if they find a replacement troop that can conduct the sale.
When the Mall/Misc. COBS is over, troops should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Troop number
- COBS location
- Date and time of COBS
- Number of packages sold