One-, two-, or three-year term, not to exceed two (2) consecutive full terms in the same position (as defined in the bylaws). Elected by the delegate body of the council at the annual meeting in May.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Board of Directors comprises 23
men and women, with expertise in fields ranging from financial
services to publishing, who guide the strategic direction of the
Additionally, there are four board member positions specifically for Girl Scout members over the age of 14.
The mission of Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Duties and Responsibilities
To serve as a voting member of the policy-making body of GSEMA. The basic responsibilities of the board include:
- Set the strategic direction to achieve the GSUSA Mission within the council jurisdiction.
- Hire, support, and assess the performance of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensure effective organizational planning.
- Actively fundraise to ensure resources and sustainability of the council.
- Exercise fiduciary responsibility and oversight; approve the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Seek to understand the organization’s programs and services and advise as needed.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
- Assist with
board leadership recruitment.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
Board members are subject to relevant council policies and procedures including but not limited to the GSEMA Bylaws and GSEMA Volunteer Policies and Procedures.
The GSEMA Board Nominating and Development Committee is now
accepting referrals for:
- Members-at-Large for the Board of Directors
Members to the Board Nominating and Development Committee
If you or someone you know is interested in serving GSEMA in any of
these elected positions, please submit referrals to email@example.com.