Represent GSEMA as a Regional or National Delegate
A delegate is a Girl Scout member who is selected to act for or represent others in our council. The delegate system is similar to our elected legislators who represent constituents:
- Regional Delegates: represent all regions of the council and influence policy (see list of Delegates and governance regions)
- National Delegates: represent Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) as voting members during GSUSA’s triennial National Council Session
Learn more about Girl Scout governance in the 2023 Girl Scout Blue Book of Basic Documents (English) or Libro Azul De Documentos Basicos 2023 (Spanish).
This position is open to registered Girl Scout members (age 14 or older), and requires attendance at 2-4 meetings per year (regional meetings and the annual meeting).
National Council Delegates
The National Council is authorized to:
- Elect the National Board of Directors and the National Board Development Committee
- Amend the constitution and act on proposals
- Influence the strategic direction of the Movement by providing guidance to the National Board
National Council Delegate Position Description